The McGregor Company, an executive partner of the National Wheat Action Plan, created a video to share the action plan objectives. "What a response!" says National Association of Wheat Growers President, Brett Blankenship. President Blankenship has received positive comments from across the wheat growing states as well as support from Europe and Asia.
What is the National Wheat Action Plan, you say??!!??
Farmer-leaders of the National Association of Wheat Growers (NAWG) and the National Wheat Foundation (NWF) are developing a National Wheat Action Plan to serve as the catalyst to increase public and private wheat research and to improve wheat productivity and farmer profitability.
NAWG and NWF leaders recognize current efforts are insufficient to generate the resources needed to turn around the U.S. wheat industry, and belive it is critical to move forward on a new path to revitalize the wheat industry. Guided by industry input, stakeholders across the industry will have opportunities to provide input and feedback throughout the research process. The end goal of the plan is to increase U.S. wheat growers' productivity, competitiveness and overall profitability for all members of the wheat value chain.
Action Plan Objectives
- Reverse troubling 20-year decline in U.S. wheat productivity and profitability
- Increase grower investment in and implementation of modern wheat production practices
- Attract interest, support and investment of private capital to stimulate increased expenditure on private and public wheat research and technology transfer
- Drive greater involvement in and support for the wheat industry from farmers, industry partners and other stakeholders
- Identify the most feasible, significant, ongoing revenue sources for wheat research and technology transfer
For more information, FAQs ad a list of industry partners, please visit http://wheatfoundation.org/national-wheat-action-plan